The Board of Trustees comprises up to 15 members, ten elected by and from organisations which are members of the Refugee Council.
Of the 10 elected by members, five trustees are nominated by Refugee Community Organisations and five are nominated by Non-Governmental Organisations. The remaining trustees (up to 5) are co-opted by the Board to fill gaps in skills and experience.
The Board currently meets four times a year in London. There is also a Resources Committee chaired by the Honorary Treasurer and composed of two other trustees. Our trustees are not paid for their work, although their expenses are met by the Refugee Council.
Our current trustees are:
- Sirak Hagos Berhe, Investing in People and Culture (RCO)
- Richard Foster, Chair, Co-opted
- Hussein Mohammed Hassan, ILAYS (RCO)
- Benjamin Hopkinson, North of England Refugee Service (NGO)
- Vaughan Jones, Co-opted
- Anne-Marie Lawlor, Co-opted
- Stella Maravanyika, Zimbabwe Association (RCO)
- Salah Mohamed, Welsh Refugee Council (NGO)
- Ernest Rukangira, Diversity Living Services (RCO)
- Rita Paulino, South Sudanese Women’s Association (RCO)
- Nick Whitaker, Treasurer, Co-opted
- Vacancies (NGO x 3) (Co-opted x 1)