I am an adviser working with adult asylum seekers
If you are working with an adult who is seeking asylum we hope you will find the information you need here in order to help your client.
- The Refugee Council provides free advice and information to asylum seekers in their own language, including help with the asylum process and support and entitlement. However, our services get very busy and we do not cover the whole of the UK. We work in the East of England, London, West Midlands and Yorkshire & Humberside.
- Please visit our multilingual content pages
- If you still need help you will be directed to the Refugee Council Own Language Telephone Advice Service (OLTAS)
- or to another organisation who will be able to help you.
We also offer a range of training courses for people who work with asylum seekers and refugee.
1. Refugee Council can not provide legal advice or legal representation. We can advise on entitlements and the meaning of laws. If we cannot help, we will provide a list of qualified legal representatives.
2. Although we can give advice, we cannot change decisions made by the Home Office or UK Border Agency (UKBA) about someone's case.
3. Refugee Council has received exemption from the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner to provide immigration advice and holds the Quality Mark for our asylum advice work.