Fundraise for us
Taking part in a sponsored challenge is a great way of raising funds to help refugees while challenging yourself. Whether you’d like to cycle, swim or skydive, a wide range of events across the UK are now available. Click here to check out our new calendar of events and to search by your preferred challenge type and location.
Or if fundraising over a slice of cake is more your cup of tea, why not host a RefuTEA? It's a good reason to get your church, school or local community together, or just inviting your friends over for a cuppa! Click here to find out more.
There are many different ways to fundraise for our work, from shopping online to selling on eBay:
- Give as you Live: Thousands of stores will donate a percentage of your bill to the Refugee Council at no extra cost to you when you shop online through Give as you Live
- eBay for Charity: If you're selling items on eBay, you can donate a percentage of your sales to the Refugee Council, and include Gift Aid!
- Celebrating a birthday or a wedding? Why not set up a JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving page and ask for donations for the Refugee Council in place of gifts?
- Give A Car: Turn your old car into cash for the Refugee Council! If you're looking to get rid of your old car, Give A Car will collect it and either scrap it or send it to auction. Every vehicle is worth something, and they also accept lawnmowers, farm machinery, vans, motorbikes and lorries.
- Clothes for charity: If you're clearing out your wardrobe, why not donate your old clothes? Just request a bag, fill it with your old clothes and arrange a day for it to be collected for free! We will earn a massive £200 for every tonne of clothes donated!
Have your own fundraising idea? Let us know!
If you have an idea for a sponsored event you'd like to do to fundraise for our work, we'll be happy to give you some fundraising tips and advice! Get in touch with the fundraising team by sending us an email or calling us on 020 7346 1205. We'll send your free fundraising pack with your Refugee Council t-shirt and plenty of hints and tips on how to fundraise.
Once you've chosen your event and started your training, it's time to start fundraising! A quick and easy way to fundraise is to set up your own Virgin Money Giving or JustGiving page online. You can then send links to your pages to your friends and family so they can sponsor your event.