I need therapeutic support
If you or someone you know could benefit from some additional support, we can help.
We currently offer Therapeutic Casework services in London only, though we are in the process of rolling out this service out to the rest of the UK. We will keep updating the information which will also be shared in our newsletter.
Our Therapeutic Casework Unit offers free holistic support for asylum seekers and refugees who would like support with any of the following practical and emotional issues:
- Distress caused by the asylum seeking process
- Problems with accommodation or other practical matters
- Physical and psychological problems that may result from issues such as loss and separation, torture, rape and/or abuse.
The Unit offers a number of ways to address issues in a safe environment. Our specialist services include:
- Therapeutic Casework; 1-to-1 short-term counselling (max 12 sessions) adjusted to the client’s needs.
- Young Adults In Transition; In association with Freedom From Torture, specialised practical as well as therapeutic intervention for young adult torture survivors (18–30 years) going through the transition from adolescents to young adults.
- Powerful Women Project; A gender sensitive and culturally aware service for refugee and asylum seeking women who have survived sexual violence, rape or torture. We also run several women’s groups across London.
- Language skills group; Speaking, listening reading and writing skills for confidence building and to improve your self esteem.
- Psycho- Educational therapeutic workshops; Empowerment workshops on health and wellbeing for asylum seekers and refugees affected by war, conflict and violence to relearn emotional/social skills, to better understand your situation/inner resources, improve your longer term rehabilitation and support each other.
- Mother and toddler group; Mothers and their toddlers coming together to share learning on parenting skills. In turn, maternal well being has a direct impact on the adjustment and development of young children.
- Health Access and Health Promotion; Assessment for health needs and support in accessing the NHS services.
If you would like to refer yourself or if you are a professional who wish to refer to us please complete and return the TCU Referral form.
For more information on the Therapeutic Casework Unit, contact Angelina Jalonen, Therapeutic Casework Services Manager.