Training on Governance
- Course Date
- 26 January 2017, 10:00am Registration, 10:30am Start, 16:00pm Close
- 6-9 Manor Gardens, London N76LA
- Ezechias Ngendahayo
0207 346 1163
- Additional information
- Lunch will be provided and travel expenses will be reimbursed for participants from London-based Migrant and Refugee Community Organisations (copy of your receipt required).
This is a free event
Training on Governance
Good governance is very important for community, voluntary and other charitable organisations. Your governing body- whether it is called a management committee, board of trustees, or board of directors- is responsible for ensuring that your organisation delivers its objectives, is well managed and serves its community and service users. It is responsible for ensuring that resources are appropriately used and funds accounted for, that staff/volunteers are properly managed and work within the law.
This training session aims to help you to ensure that you have the knowledge and skills necessary for you to meet your legal responsibilities and to be a successful member of your organisation’s board of trustees.
By the end of this session you will:
- Have a good understanding of how the voluntary sector works, its role and its capacity.
- Have a good understanding of the legal status of your organisation
- Have a good understanding of the main roles, responsibilities and duties of trustees/members of management committee
- Have a better understanding of how to be a better and effective member of board of trustees /management committee.
- Have a better understanding of the benefits of having a robust governance structure
Who should attend?
- MRCOs' recently appointed members of the board of trustees/management committee members who want to broaden or improve their knowledge and skills on various topics related governance particularly on their roles and responsibilities as trustees.
- MRCOs' members of the board of trustees and management committee members who wish to improve the effectiveness in their role.
- Any other trustees who may be facing a problem or issue they would like to resolve including reviewing the structure of your organisation (MRCO only) to adapt it to the new challenges.
To book a place and to confirm your attendance please contact IRF Coordinator, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0207 832 5847. Alternatively you can use the online booking facility available on the Refugee Council’s website