Access to housing
Housing Resettlement and Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme
Refugee Council is pleased to announce that our Housing Resettlement and Rent Guarantee Scheme is now accepting referrals. Please feel free to refer refugees who are single and on a low wage or are in receipt of benefits.
The Refugee Council works to help refugees in London to access private rented accommodation and resettle in the UK.
We offer landlords and tenants a range of support services to create new and sustainable tenancies.
If you are a refugee looking for private rented accommodation we can help.
We offer refugees:
- Advice and assistance in finding a landlord
- Help you to apply for housing benefit (if required)
- Help apply for loans or grants to help with deposit
- Access to our deposit guarantee scheme
- Advice and support to help you keep your tenancy
- Advice on training & employment
For more information on our project, please see our leaflet for refugees.
We are always looking for landlords who are interested in working us and renting properties to our clients.
We offer landlords:
- Access to prospective tenants who have been vetted and provided with pre-tenancy training on their responsibilities.
- Housing benefit application assistance to ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
- Help to ensure that tenancies are sustained.
- A professional service at no cost.
If you are interested, please see our leaflet for London landlords for more information.
You can contact us by email at email@example.com
Due to our successful record, and expertise in working with refugees and landlords we are recognised as being Champions of working in partnership to assist migrants in the private rented sector by Crisis, the national charity for single homeless people.
Please read here for more information on what it is like to try and start renting privately when you are newly granted refugee in London.