Our strategy 2017-2021
Today, more people are displaced by violence and conflict than at any time since 1945. Public and political opinion on refugees is increasingly polarised. And the UK asylum system routinely fails many who seek our protection. Thus, the need for the Refugee Council is greater than ever.
- To change for the better the way refugees are welcomed and treated in the UK
- To increase the number of refugees who access our specialist, transformative services
- To galvanise public support for refugees and be instrumental in creating a powerful, popular, movement for change
- To be a credible and trusted authority on the needs and aspirations of refugees in the UK
- To be an independent, accountable, value-led and sustainable organisation