“I did not have any hope when I first came here. I was thinking to harm myself but you have supported me and gave me education to myself. I feel confidence and you have given me so much. Thank you so much!”
What we offer
- Individual therapy sessions
- Creative and Dramatherapy groups
- Gardening Therapy
- Psycho-social groups
- Psychoeducational workshops
- Regular training and workshops for other professionals working with separated child refugees
- Capacity building for local authorities to address the specific needs of young refugees
Who it's for
- Children (12-17 years old) who are in the UK without their families, and who are refugees or seeking asylum.
- The service is available in Birmingham, Kent, Leeds, London (Stratford and Croydon), East Sussex, Yorkshire and Humberside and remotely.
- Our new service in Yorkshire and Humberside is specifically for separated young people aged under 18 who are living in the Yorkshire and Humberside region and who are at high risk due to factors such as suicidal planning/ideation; self-harming behaviours; trafficking; exploitation; and/or anger management and/or serious behavioural issues. Referrals will also be considered for young people who are currently being age-assessed or who have been waiting a long time for an initial asylum interview.
How to access this service
Download and complete the below referral form and email it to [email protected]
In order to maintain and develop the efficacy of our therapy model, our My View services in London, Leeds, Birmingham, Kent and Remote are undergoing a large-scale evaluation. Please note that all referrals are subject to randomisation, and assigned to either treatment or a control group. In either situation, clients will be offered therapeutic support in line with our usual waiting times; some clients will be seen earlier. Our aim is for young people to be waiting for no more than 12 weeks after their initial assessment to begin sessions.