Social Activities Lead Volunteers
- Date posted
- 19 December 2018
- Closing date
- 3 February 2019
- Various locations in London
- Contact Name
- Anna Raffetti
- Totally new and to be set up from scratch (we are willing to assist you with this but plans need to be realistic and low cost).
- Already existing and you are willing to involve our clients in them.
- Open to the public or to other groups and organizations, the idea is that refugees interact with their local communities and the wider society.
- yoga or meditation
- singing or dancing
- basic creative writing
- book clubs
- art, crafts or photography workshops
- walking groups
- life skills training….and anything else you think would be fun and useful for refugees to learn in a group!
Day & time
--- Please note that at the moment we can only accept applications for activities to be run during office hours, on weekdays. ---
We do have some rooms available in our offices but they won’t be suitable for all activities and they might be too far for some volunteers. We are happy to consider any location volunteers are already using or they think you can secure, and we can also assist volunteers with finding a venue. When you apply, please let us know if you have already have a venue in mind for your activity or not.
We are looking for people who:
- Can demonstrate competence to deliver group activities to a quality and safe standard– evidenced by training/registration/references
- Are able to work unsupervised with groups of vulnerable adults
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a professional manner and the ability to work independently
- Have patience and excellent listening skills
- Are creative!
- Induction on the work of the Refugee Council.
- Travel expenses.
- Help with finding a suitable venue and buying any necessary equipment, if needed.
- Help with advertising the activities to our clients.
- Any other logistical support.
To apply, just email our Volunteer Coordinator Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short description of the activity you would like to run, including:
- Brief description of the activity
- Any specific equipment needed
- Preferred day/s of the week and time
- Frequency and duration of the sessions
- Max number of participants
- Venue (clarify if already secured or not)
This role is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check. Repeat checks are initiated every two years.