Action for Refugees in Lewisham (AFRIL) – Magical Stars project worker required
Rate of pay: £ 20 per hour
Reports to: Manager
Responsible for: volunteers
The post is for four hours per week for five weeks starting on the 15th of June
- To plan and deliver a programme of activities for a group of 9 parents and their children (under fives) for the period June-July 2011 at AFRIL’s day centre on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-12pm and for a total of 20 hours.
You will be required to manage the project, supervise volunteers and plan activities in advance of the sessions. Expect to spend at least 30 minutes at AFRIL before and after the sessions, briefing volunteers and getting ready/clearing up.
AFRIL is a small organisation working to relieve poverty and isolation among refugees, asylum seekers and other migrants. Our services include ESOL classes, a supplementary school for children, and advice service and a day centre. Visit www.afril.org.uk for more information.
Essential Knowledge and skills
- Relevant qualification to teach under 5s
- Experience of delivering practical sessions in arts/crafts for families with under fives
- Ability to relate with families of different backgrounds/culture and gain their confidence
- Experience of working as part of a team but also alone and with minimum supervision
- Experience of working and supporting/supervising volunteers
Please email CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Saturday 28th of May