We’re absolutely delighted to invite you to join our Advocacy Network – a network aimed at making a difference to the lives of refugees and people seeking asylum by getting heads together, sharing ideas and working as one.
Our mission is for our Advocacy Network to provide a direct link between the Refugee Council’s Advocacy Team and other individuals and organisations working with refugees and people seeking asylum across the UK. The Network is based on a principle of information sharing and collective working – the idea that working together gives us the best chance of achieving the positive policy changes that refugees and people seeking asylum desperately need.
We want to bridge the gap between small and big charities, to bring different experts together and to work ever closer with colleagues from homelessness, faith, legal and health professions. We also want to enable Refugee Community Organisations (RCOs) to contribute to the policy debate more and, as a nationwide project, will be working closely with colleagues in Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
As a Network member we will provide you with…
• Statistics and data on relevant issues.
• Detailed policy briefings.
• Summaries of recent parliamentary activity.
• Updates about Refugee Council campaigns.
• Opportunities to exchange ideas, network, garner support and share updates on policy developments through meetings on a regional and national level.
• Invitations to attend advocacy events.
• Information about engaging MPs and information on the work of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Refugees.
We will also encourage members to share information with us about the issues they see are affecting refugees and people seeking asylum, and invite them to participate in campaigning work on specific issues.
For all information about our Advocacy Network, go to https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/advocacynetwork
If you have any questions, please email Kama Petruczenko, Advocacy Network Co-ordinator, on Kama.Petruczenko@RefugeeCouncil.org.uk