The Refugee Council in partnership with RETAS (Refugee Employment and Training Advice Service), HCAS (Humber Community Advice Services), Path Yorkshire and the Goodwin Trust applied for Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) funding to roll out a model of integration for refugees who have status based in London, Leeds and Hull called New Roots.
- Engage: specialist casework (move on and crisis work)
- Connect: social integration, language and wellbeing activities.
- Aspire: training, volunteering and employment opportunities.
- Refugee (and dependants/spouses)
- Humanitarian protection (and dependants/spouses)
- Family reunion (and dependants/spouses)
- Discretionary Leave to Remain (over 12 months and as a result of an asylum claim)
- There is no age limit – children and adults are supported