Afghan Community & Welfare Centre Walsall
- Advice, Advice for asylum seekers and refugees, Advocacy for individual clients, Children and Young People, Community development, Domestic violence support, Education For Adults, Elderly Support Services, Employment and Careers advice
- Nationality/ Languages spoken:
- Pashto, Dari, Farsi,Urdu, Hindi,Arabic,Durch, Norwegian
- Drop in?
17-19 Wednesbury road,
- Contact Name:
- Fahim Zazai
- Community Support Worker
Our aim is to promote the welfare and benefit of the newly arrived migrants in the area and also to encourage and promote community cohesion and integration. There are a number of activities on offer including advice and information, interpretation and translation to all those who is in need irrespective of their creed, spiritual and political beliefs or their social background. We want to bring people together and engage actively in the wider society.
Our objectives include:
• to provide a comprehensive advice and referral service for members of our community particularly in the fields
immigration, health, welfare benefits and housing;
• to promote education in the community, particularly through the provision of language classes and a library;
• to encourage adult education, increase access to employment and enable them to gain confidence by providing language courses and information technology training;
• to provide leisure and recreation opportunities to members of the community,
• to improve the social, cultural and religious lives of the our community by organizing cultural and religious events, and
• to detract the youth from crime by providing them with social, cultural and educational activities.