Understanding the Health Needs of Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Course Date
- Radmila Fortune-West & Rehan Majeed
07342 990 029 or 07341 775 360
This is a free event
This course will provide an overview of the health needs of refugees and asylum seekers in Doncaster for health professionals and other front line staff.
This is a FREE two hour introduction course which we can deliver at any GP/Medical/Health practice.
This course is aimed at:
- Front line managers and other staff members responsible for both strategic and operational management
- Frontline staff members delivering services out in the community
- Staff members who have no or little knowledge on asylum seekers and refugee issues;
- Staff members who want to increase their understanding of asylum seekers and refugee and work with asylum seekers and refugee communities in the area.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the healthcare needs of asylum seekers and refugees
- Identify some of the barriers asylum seekers and refugees face in trying to access healthcare
- Be better able to respond to these challenges and help asylum seekers and refugees they work with to access health services appropriately.
Next training sessions available:
- 10/03/17, 10 am – 12 pm at:
- 10/03/17, 2pm – 4pm at:
Meeting Room 413
Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council
The Board room
White Rose House
Ten Pound Walk
Produced with funding support from the Department of Health in partnership with City of Sanctuary Sheffield and North of England Refugee Service