Missing from Care
12th December, £75 per person, 10:00-16:00.
This is a practical course aimed at professionals working with separated children seeking asylum and child victims of trafficking, to support them to prevent vulnerable children going missing from care.
- Understand why trafficked children go missing
- Understand modern slavery and the types of exploitation
- Learn the terminology around missing
- Understand the methods of control and how this impacts on missing
- Learn a holistic safeguarding model to prevent missing
- Learn how to implement a self-reflective practice when balancing risks and rights
- Understand their role within a multi-agency response to missing
- Understand best practice around prevention and response to missing