Age Dispute & Detention Resources
- See our Age Dispute leaflet for how we can help
Read the Age Dispute Project 2013: End of year report ....
- Transcript of live web chat with Francesco Jeff, Age Dispute Children's Adviser 02/12/2012.
- Refugee Council Report: Not a Minor Offence: Unaccompanied Children Locked Up as Part of the Asylum System, May 2012
- Gatwick Detainees Welcome Group 'A prison in the mind'. Provides an insight into the mental experience of being in Detention. http://www.gdwg.org.uk/resources.php
- Detention Action Publications http://detentionaction.org.uk/timelimit/publications includes
more economic alternatives to detention.
- Report: Landing in Dover, The Children's Commissioner, January 2012
For links to numerous reports from other organisations on detention, not specifically related to children please see:
- The Association of Visitors to Immigration Detainees
- Bail for Immigration Detainees, Research Reports
If you would like to support children in detention by visiting them, or in other ways, please contact one of the organisations below:
British Red Cross: UK Office, 44 Moorfields, London EC2Y 9AL
Tel: 0844 871 11 11 Fax: 020 7562 2000
Detention Action: Unit 3R, Leroy House, 436 Essex Road, London, N1 3QP Tel: 020 7226 3114 Fax: 020 7226 3016 Website: http://detentionaction.org.uk/
Doncaster AVID: Archway Resource Centre, 1b Waterlow Road, London, N19 5NJ Tel: 0207 281 0533 Website: http://www.aviddetention.org.uk
Gatwick Detainees Welcome Group: Three Bridges Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1LG Tel 01293 434 350 Fax 01293 434 351 225 Website: http://www.gdwg.org.uk/index.php
Hasler Visitors Group: All Saints Centre, Commercial Road, Portsmouth, PO1 4BT Tel 023 9283 9222 Fax 023 9283 9222 Website: http://www.haslarvisitors.org.uk/