Policy & Research
We speak up for refugees drawing on evidence from our direct work, and make sure refugees have an influential voice in decisions that affect them.
At the Refugee Council, we are pushing for a UK asylum system that is fair, humane, and effective so that refugees can get the protection they need and rebuild their lives. We do this by:
- Influencing policies and decisions that affect refugees
- Publishing research, often based on our direct work with refugees
- Influencing parliamentarians to push for change for refugees
- Engaging our supporters in campaigns to influence decisions affecting refugees
- Giving refugees a platform to speak out on issues affecting them
- Promoting positive attitudes towards refugees
Our work focuses on key areas of the asylum system including destitution, housing, legal support, detention, and integration, as well issues facing vulnerable groups such as separated children and women.