We are proud founding members of Together With Refugees, a new coalition of national and local organisations, refugees living in Britain, and people from all walks of life who believe in showing compassion to people fleeing war, persecution or violence.
Fair Begins Here
Fair Begins Here is a new campaign from Together with refugees that calls for a fair new plan for refugees with:
- Protection for people fleeing war and persecution by upholding the UK’s commitment under international law to the right to claim asylum and by scrapping the Rwanda scheme.
- A proper strategy for welcoming refugees by ensuring fair, rapid decisions on their application for asylum, and the chance to rebuild their lives through settling in a community, being allowed to work and the chance to learn English.
- Stronger global cooperation to tackle the root causes that force people to flee their homes and provides positive solutions when they do, including through safe routes to refugee protection.
Take action this Valentine’s Day
On 14 February 2024, Fair Begins Here will hold a “day of action” to show the strength of public support for refugees.
The Valentine’s Day action will kickstart the biggest ever call for political leaders of all parties to introduce a fair new plan for refugees in the UK.
There are three ways you and your local community can get involved:
- Share refugee solidarity Valentine’s Day cards: show that your community is one of love and solidarity for refugees and supports a fair new plan for refugees. Find out more.
- Organise a joint media letter of support: bring together prominent people from right across your community to show support for refugees and the coalition’s fair new plan for refugees. Promote it in the local media and social media to reach as many people as possible. Find out more.
- Get organised for the campaign ahead: Create a Together With Refugees hub in your area by reaching out to different groups who care about the issue to run Fair Begins Here campaign activities over coming months. Find out more.
Together With Refugees have created a campaign toolkit which gives you details and guidance on how to get involved.
Share your action! Sharing campaign actions on social media is a great way to spread the message and raise awareness. Make sure you share about the activities you take part in, along with any photos, and tag us @RefugeeCouncil.
Find out more about Together With Refugees by following #TogetherWithRefugees and #WhoWeAre on social media or visiting the official Together With Refugees website.