We cannot predict the wars, conflicts or oppressive regimes that will force people to seek asylum in the future. But we can make sure that anyone who arrives in the UK seeking sanctuary finds the safety and support they deserve.
Write your Will for free
We’ve partnered with Will writing experts, Farewill, to offer Refugee Council supporters an easy way to write your Will online for free in as little as 15 minutes.
Writing a Will can often seem like a time-consuming and costly process, but with Farewill it is much easier.Find out more
If you’d like to talk about leaving a gift in your Will or would like any more information, please email our Legacy Manager, Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a solicitor writing your will, they will advise on the wording that will best represent your wishes. The only information needed is the following:
- Full charity name: British Refugee Council
- Charity address: Gredley House, 1-11 Broadway, Stratford, E15 4BQ
- Charity Registration Number: 1014576
We promise to use your gift wisely and resourcefully to champion refugee rights and transform the lives of refugees and asylum seekers for many years to come.
Did you know?
- You can leave as little as 1% of your estate to charity
- There can be tax benefits. If you leave at least 10% of your estate to the Refugee Council in your Will, you’ll qualify for the reduced rate of inheritance tax of 36%
Find out more using the Government’s Inheritance Tax reduced rate calculator.