How your gift could help
We can’t predict the wars, conflicts or oppressive regimes that will force people to seek asylum in the future. But a gift in your Will could make sure that anyone seeking protection can build a new life here in the UK. Leaving a gift in your Will is an act of kindness that will change the world for the better and ensure that your values live on in our work.
Write your Will for free
We’ve partnered with Will writing experts, Farewill, to offer Refugee Council supporters an easy way to write your Will online for free in as little as 15 minutes.
Writing a Will can often seem like a time-consuming and costly process, but with Farewill it is much easier.Find out more
A gift in you Will could:
- Support refugees to learn English and to find a job that gives them confidence and stability for the future
- Help our expert mental health team to provide therapy to men, women and children who have experienced unimaginable trauma
- Ensure that unaccompanied children receive the protection they need and are empowered to reach their full potential
About gifts in Wills
If you have a solicitor writing your will, they will advise on the wording that will best represent your wishes. The only information needed is the following:
- Full charity name: British Refugee Council
- Charity address: 134–138 The Grove London E15 1NS
- Charity Registration Number: 1014576
We promise to use your gift wisely and resourcefully to champion refugee rights and transform the lives of refugees and asylum seekers for many years to come.
- You can leave as little as 1% of your estate to charity
- There can be tax benefits. If you leave at least 10% of your estate to the Refugee Council in your Will, you’ll qualify for the reduced rate of inheritance tax of 36%
- Find out more using the Government's Inheritance Tax reduced rate calculator.
If you’d like to talk about leaving a gift in your Will or would like any more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Legacy Manager, Rowan, using the details below.