The truth about asylum
Looking for the facts about asylum? The same old myths and scare stories are peddled again and again. The truth is in short supply.
At the Refugee Council, we believe it’s time to put that right, time to tell it like it is. That’s why we’ve produced these facts and figures that you can rely on.
The real story - facts and figures
- Asylum seekers and refugees, who's who
- Terms and Definitions
- Asylum seekers and refugees do not get large handouts from the state
- Asylum seekers and refugees are law-abiding citizens
- Refugees make a huge contribution to the UK
- Asylum seekers are looking for a place of safety
- Britain's asylum system is very tough
- Poor countries – not the UK – look after most of the world's refugees
Read the latest edition of "Tell it like it is - The Truth about Asylum", containing up to date, fully referenced facts, and then pass it on.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to send you a copy on paper.
24 Apr 2013
Refugee Council submits evidence to parliamentary inquiry on asylum
30 Jan 2013
A damning parliamentary report published today has found that the asylum supp...
10 Dec 2012
Government forcing asylum seekers who fear return into life of destitution an...
30 Aug 2012
07 Jan 2013
By James Drennan, Advocacy volunteer at the Refugee Council
30 Aug 2012
01 Feb 2012
22 Dec 2011