During the current outbreak of COVID-19, we continue to support our clients remotely, having adapted our therapeutic service for the phone and online. For any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The VPRS therapy team in South Yorkshire come from a range of therapeutic disciplines including counselling, psychotherapy, systemic family therapy and clinical psychology. The team work alongside a small team of specially trained face to face Arabic interpreters.
We work with individuals/families in a range of settings and can see people within their home or at a nearby community venue/GP practice/school as well as at the Sheffield Refugee Council centre.
What we offer
Up to 12 weeks of therapy to Syrian refugees experiencing mental health distress, including:
- One to one psychological therapy (up to 12 sessions) following a holistic assessment for children, young people and adults
- Systemic family therapy and group work
- Play therapy
- Consultation and training for schools in South Yorkshire working with Syrian children and young people
- Support includes initial assessment, treatment plans
- Specially trained interpreters
Who it's for
We work with vulnerable refugee children and their families affected by conflict, who have arrived the UK under:
- The Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Scheme (VCRS)
The Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (VPRS)
We do not cover unaccompanied child refugees who arrived outside resettlement schemes or came from Europe to join family.
How to access this service
Download and complete the referral form below.