Terms and conditions
This website is the official website of the Refugee Council and all elements of the site are the property of the British Refugee Council, (commonly called the Refugee Council).
This website in its entirety, including but not limited to its name, trade marks, logos design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, is copyright of the British Refugee Council, (commonly called the Refugee Council), which is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, [No 2727514], with its registered office at PO Box 68614, London E15 9DQ, United Kingdom. British Refugee Council is also a registered charity, [No 10144576].
Certain third party copyright materials will be included on the website from time to time.
- You are allowed to download the material contained on this website to a single personal computer only, unless otherwise stated, and to use Refugee Council assets with the sole purpose of raising awareness and/or money for Refugee Council.
- No items or documents can be reproduced on another website or in another publication without the permission of the Refugee Council.
- You are not to alter any material as provided on this site in any way, shape or form.
- You are not allowed to sell any of the elements on to third parties or utilise any of the elements of the site for personal gain.
Refugee Council retains all rights of ownership of all material at any time. Any alternations of material or any other improper use of assets found on this website is strictly prohibited and a violation of Refugee Council's proprietary rights.
Unless otherwise stated, all photos are copyright of the Refugee Council. You must not download or use these photos in any circumstances without contacting the Refugee Council as most have very restricted permissions from the participants.
Rights and responsibilities
The Refugee Council is not responsible for any damage that may occur to your software or hardware (such as your computer) from downloading material from the Refugee Council site. All software provided by third parties (such as Acrobat reader) is the responsibility of the third party and any complaints regarding the product or service in question should not be directed to the Refugee Council. You may not distribute, sell, or transmit the Software and you are not permitted to alter, modify or adapt the Software, including but not limited to translating, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or creating derivative works of it. No responsibility can be accepted for viewers unable to access the site or parts thereof due to technical fault, internet connection problems or other unforeseen circumstances.
- The Refugee Council cannot be held responsible for outdated or broken links on any third party sites linked up from the Refugee Council site.
- The Refugee Council is not responsible for the accuracy of any material on third party websites linked up from the Refugee Council, nor is responsible for any offensive content contained on those sites.
- Occasionally, the Refugee Council will include creative work or opinion pieces by external supporters. These pieces are intended to promote discussion and debate but the Refugee Council does not necessarily endorse the views expressed by external supporters.
The Refugee Council reserves the right to change these Rules at any time. You will be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Rules to which you will be bound.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of any third party nor inhibits the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party.
- You agree to abide by all applicable laws, regulations and code of conduct and to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of the Refugee Council site.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, complete and current information and notify us immediately of any change.
- You agree not to publish, post, disseminate, distribute or otherwise transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable material or information.
These Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
In the event that Refugee Council considers or determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached, violated or contravened these Rules or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct in the use of the Refugee Council Website, the Refugee Council reserves the absolute right to:
- warn you via email that you have violated these Rules and ask you to discontinue such conduct;
- delete any material or content which you post to the events section or any other areas of the site.
- discontinue your membership of the Website and/or any other related subscriptions to additional services; and
- take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your use of the Refugee Council site) to prevent you from using the Refugee Council Website or linking to the site.
Any action that we shall take shall be without prejudice to any of our accrued rights.
Refugee Council will operate fully with any law enforcement officials and/or agencies in the investigation of any User who violates the Rules.
If any provision of these Rules shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
© Refugee Council 2017
Thank you for standing up for Syrian refugees
Please ask your friends to speak out too. You could:
Share this with your friends on Facebook
Tweet your support for the campaign