Please note: Our offices are currently closed, but we are continuing to provide support by phone and online.
UPDATE 26/11/2020: Please see below for our current service availability in London and the regions. All waiting times are approximate, and can vary depending on client and therapist availability.
London (Croydon and Stratford): Closed for 1:1 referrals until further notice; accepting referrals for Wednesday Dramatherapy group.
Birmingham: Accepting new referrals; appointments are on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Current waiting time: approximately 4-6 weeks.
Kent: Closed for new (non-urgent) referrals until further notice. From 1st December, we will only accept URGENT referrals, and offer these clients urgent crisis support (1-3 sessions). These will be assessed/accepted on a case-by-case basis, so please provide as much information as possible on the referral form.
Leeds: Accepting new referrals; appointments are on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Current waiting time: approximately 12+ weeks.
SERVICE UPDATE: Luton
Therapeutic support for young people in Luton is now provided by the Work and Wellbeing for Refugee Integration (WW4RI) project. To refer a young person, please contact email@example.com.
My View is a children’s therapy service, a safe, confidential place for young people to get well-being support. That can be through talking or doing creative work individually or through group therapeutic support.
“I did not have any hope when I first came here. I was thinking to harm myself but you have supported me and gave me education to myself. I feel confidence and you have given me so much. Thank you so much!”
What we offer
- Individual therapy sessions
- Creative and Dramatherapy groups
- Gardening Therapy
- Psycho-social groups
- Regular training and workshops for other professionals working with separated child refugees
- Capacity building for local authorities to address the specific needs of young refugees
Who it's for
- Children (11-17 years old) who are in the UK without their families, and who are refugees or seeking asylum
- The service is available in Birmingham, Kent, Leeds and London (Stratford and Croydon)
How to access this service
To request a referral form or if you have a query, please contact:
- For Stratford or Croydon - MyView@refugeecouncil.org.uk
- For Kent, Leeds or Birmingham - MyView.Regional@refugeecouncil.org.uk