Please note: Our offices are currently closed, but we are continuing to provide support by phone and online.
UPDATE: Birmingham Creative Therapy group: We are delighted to announce that we have launched a new weekly Creative Therapy group, running on Zoom every Friday. Just like our popular London group, it offers a safe, supportive and confidential space for young people to explore their thoughts and feelings, and to share as much or as little as they like. It can be helpful in starting to break down the sense of social isolation experienced by many of our young people, and is open to all ethnic backgrounds and genders.
For a referral form for the Birmingham Creative Therapy group, please contact MyView.Regional@refugeecouncil.org.uk.
UPDATE 02/03/2021: Please see below for our current service availability in London and the regions. All waiting times are approximate, and can vary depending on client and therapist availability.
London (Croydon and Stratford): Closed for all referrals until further notice. Please check this page to confirm that the waiting list is definitely open before sending referrals.
Birmingham: Accepting new referrals for 1:1 sessions and Creative Therapy group; 1:1 appointments are on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Current waiting time (1:1 appointments): approximately 4-6 weeks.
Kent: Now open for referrals; appointments are 5 days a week, Mondays-Fridays.
Leeds: Closed for all referrals until further notice. We hope to re-open on Thursday 1st April; however, please check this page to confirm that the waiting list is definitely open before sending referrals.
My View is a children’s therapy service, a safe, confidential place for young people to get well-being support. That can be through talking or doing creative work individually, or through group therapeutic support.
“I did not have any hope when I first came here. I was thinking to harm myself but you have supported me and gave me education to myself. I feel confidence and you have given me so much. Thank you so much!”
What we offer
- Individual therapy sessions
- Creative and Dramatherapy groups
- Gardening Therapy
- Psycho-social groups
- Regular training and workshops for other professionals working with separated child refugees
- Capacity building for local authorities to address the specific needs of young refugees
Who it's for
- Children (11-17 years old) who are in the UK without their families, and who are refugees or seeking asylum
- The service is available in Birmingham, Kent, Leeds and London (Stratford and Croydon)
How to access this service
To request a referral form or if you have a query, please contact:
- For Stratford or Croydon - MyView@refugeecouncil.org.uk
- For Kent, Leeds or Birmingham - MyView.Regional@refugeecouncil.org.uk