Please note: Our offices are currently closed, but we are continuing to provide support by phone and online.
UPDATE 21/09/2021: My View Remote and My View Kent are currently closed for new referrals.
Due to the current situation in Afghanistan, we are receiving an increased number of queries and referrals, resulting in a delay in our response times. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Please see below for our current service availability in London and the regions.
In order to maintain and develop the efficacy of our therapy model, the entire My View National service is now undergoing a large-scale evaluation. Please note that all referrals are subject to randomisation, and assigned to either treatment or a control group. In either situation, clients will be offered therapeutic support in line with our usual waiting times; some clients will be seen earlier. Our aim is for young people to be waiting for no more than 12 weeks after their initial assessment to begin 1:1 sessions.
- London (Croydon and Stratford): Accepting new referrals.
- Birmingham: Accepting new referrals.
- Kent: Waiting list currently closed for new referrals.
- Leeds: Accepting new referrals.
- Remote: Waiting list currently closed for new referrals.
My View is a children’s therapy service, a safe, confidential place for young people to get well-being support. That can be through talking or doing creative work individually, or through group therapeutic support.
“I did not have any hope when I first came here. I was thinking to harm myself but you have supported me and gave me education to myself. I feel confidence and you have given me so much. Thank you so much!”
What we offer
- Individual therapy sessions
- Creative and Dramatherapy groups
- Gardening Therapy
- Psycho-social groups
- Psychoeducational workshops
- Regular training and workshops for other professionals working with separated child refugees
- Capacity building for local authorities to address the specific needs of young refugees
Who it's for
- Children (11-17 years old) who are in the UK without their families, and who are refugees or seeking asylum
- The service is available in Birmingham, Kent, Leeds, London (Stratford and Croydon) and remotely
How to access this service
To request a referral form or if you have a query, please contact:
- For Stratford or Croydon - MyView@refugeecouncil.org.uk
- For Kent, Leeds, Birmingham or Remote - MyView.Regional@refugeecouncil.org.uk