Please note that while we are open for referrals, the Sheffield office building is closed except for booked appointments. If you require assistance and do not have an appointment, please contact us by email or telephone.
The therapy team in South Yorkshire come from a range of therapeutic disciplines including counselling, psychotherapy and clinical psychology. The team work alongside a small team of specially trained face to face interpreters.
We work with individuals in a range of settings and can see people within their home or at a nearby community venue or GP practice as well as at the Sheffield Refugee Council centre.
What we offer
Up to 12 weeks of therapy for resettled refugees experiencing mental health distress, including:
- One to one psychological therapy (up to 12 sessions) following a holistic assessment
- Support includes initial assessment, treatment plans
- Specially trained interpreters
Who it's for
We work with vulnerable adult refugees who have settled in South Yorkshire, and who arrived in the UK under:
- The Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (VPRS)
- The Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Scheme (VCRS)
- The Gateway Protection Programme (GPP)
- The United Kingdom Resettlement Scheme (UKRS)
- The Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy (ARAP)
- The Afghan Citizens Resettlement Scheme (ACRS)
For therapeutic support for child refugees and for families with children, please see our Children and Families service.
How to access this service
Download and complete the referral form below. Please note that we can only work with refugees who arrived in the UK under:
- The Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme
- The Vulnerable Children's Resettlement Scheme
- The Gateway Protection Programme
- The United Kingdom Resettlement Scheme
- The Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy
- The Afghan Citizens Resettlement Scheme