The Specialised Training and Employment Programme (STEP) is an employment and training programme delivered by Refugee Council in South Yorkshire, Leeds and York, and supports resettled refugees as they progress towards employment. Part funded by World Jewish Relief through the EU Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF).
What we offer
- Tailored support and regular coaching through a dedicated employment and training advisor
- Support to identify short and long term employment goals, and to create an employment action plan
- Advocacy and support with engaging with partner organisations and the DWP
- Employability training
- English conversation clubs for men and women
- Bespoke vocational training opportunities
- Sector specific ESOL classes
- Entrepreneurship training through The Entrepreneurial Refugee Network
- ‘Behind the Scenes’ employer visits and ‘Careers Conversations’ through Business In The Community
- Confidence building workshops with Stand and Be Counted theatre company
- Social events and networking opportunities
Who it's for
STEP is available to resettled refugees living in South Yorkshire, Leeds or York, who have arrived in the UK under internationally agreed resettlement schemes. These include VPRS, VCRS, GPP and Community Sponsorship.
How to access this service
Please enquire about making a referral by contacting us at the email or phone number below.