I am seeking asylum
The Refugee Council offers practical support to people who are seeking asylum. If you are seeking asylum and are having difficulties accessing support or protection we offer:
• destitution services (hardship support to people seeking asylum at each of its offices. In London we offer a destitution service where people can access to food, shower and laundry facilities and referral to legal advice services who can support you with your claim for protection and access to support.)
• access to therapeutic services
• access to legal and asylum support services.
1. Refugee Council can advise on rights and entitlements and the meaning of laws. We cannot provide legal advice or legal representation. If we cannot help, we will provide a list of qualified legal representatives.
2. Although we can give immigration advice, we cannot change decisions made by the Home Office about someone's case.
3. Refugee Council has received exemption from the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner to provide immigration advice and holds the Quality Mark for our advice work.