About this guide:
This guide explains women’s rights throughout pregnancy and early motherhood while they are in receipt of asylum support. This document is aimed at their support practitioners, e.g., midwives, to inform what women are entitled to.
This guide covers:
- Antenatal healthcare in the UK
- Support available for pregnant women and new mothers
- The rights of women throughout the dispersal process
- The rights of women on asylum support and/or whose asylum claim was rejected
- Who to contact for further information