The Basis Project East of England would like to commission two refugee community organisations (RCOs) based in the East of England to write a skill-sharing report (one report per organisation) based on their own experience(s) they have had in the past on one of following themes:
- Partnership working with other organisations
- Commissioning work that you might have delivered for a Local Authority or a Service Level Agreement (SLA) when your organisation delivered or is tendering to deliver services for a public body or other agency
- Setting up and running a trading subsidiary / branch or a social enterprise in order to widen the fundraising options
The Basis Project is an England-wide service, led by Refugee Council and Refugee Action, giving one-to-one support and training to hundreds of refugee community organisations (RCOs) to help them manage, develop and sustain their work.
If you are interested in applying for this commission opportunity please download and fill-in the application form (Word document) and email it back to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th of June 2011 – this document also includes details of the fee.
- The deadline for receipt of completed application forms is 5:00pm Friday 24th June 2011.
- We intend to make decisions for the two winning bids and communicate these by Wednesday 29th June.
- All work by the chosen RCOs must then be completed and submitted to the Basis Project by Thursday 17th August 2011
- We are offering a fixed fee of £750 per ‘Skill-sharing report’. We envisage it will take an RCO 5 days to work with us and complete a resource paper. This would provide a day rate of £150.The RCO will be responsible for paying all taxes, declaring this income, and will meet all costs from this fee.
- The payment to your organisation will depend on work being submitted on time, but we intend to make it within 30 working days after the completion of your work (by 31st August 2011).
We intend to commission two RCOs to carry out a skill-sharing report on one of three themes listed above each.
If you need any further information, would like to express an interest to bid, or request for an application form, please contact Shpetim Alimeta on: Tel:01473 297 912 or Mob: 07908 952 405 or David Clark on 07990 511101.