“I hate being idle”: Wasted skills and enforced dependence among Zimbabwean asylum seekers in the UK [July 2009]
This report presents the findings of a research project conducted by the Refugee Council and the Zimbabwe Association. The research investigated the experiences of Zimbabwean asylum seekers living in the UK, and explored:
- the education, skills and work experience of Zimbabwean asylum seekers in the UK;
- the ways in which people were supporting themselves;
- the impact of living in the UK on people’s skills;
- whether Zimbabweans want to return home when it is safe to do so;
- the resources people would have available on return, and the skills they would have to aid reconstruction.