The Refugee Council is working with Maternity Action to research how women in the asylum system experience dispersal and relocation while pregnant or as new mothers. They are currently searching for women who would be willing to share their experiences of this to inform this research.
Researchers will be carrying out interviews with women who are willing to talk about their experiences in May and June 2012. If you can answer yes to all of the following questions, and would be happy to talk to them, please get in touch:
- Have you claimed asylum in the UK?
- Have you had a baby since you claimed asylum?
- Were you living in UKBA provided accommodation at the time?
- Were you moved to different accommodation while you were pregnant or within 6 weeks of the birth of your child?
The interview will take 1-2 hours in a place where you feel comfortable and safe. They can arrange for a woman interpreter to help with the interview and they can provide childcare. Individuals will be compensated for their time.
All interviews will be confidential and you will be anonymous.
They are committed to looking at the effect of Government policies on women seeking asylum. They will use the findings to call for changes to policy if necessary.
If you wish to take part, or would like more information about the project, please contact Anna Musgrave on:
- 0800 021 3066 (free from landlines) / 020 7346 1031 / 07908 148645
- Or email her on email@example.com