The Children’s Section
Banner created by the young people attending the Children's Section Social Evening and Refugee Youth.
In 2013 1174 separated children claimed ayslum in the UK, seeking safety from countries where the state has caused them harm or has been unable to protect them. The Refugee Council works to safeguard and improve the lives of separated children in England.
- Contact the Children's Section - please note our Leeds office has moved to The Reginald Centre, 263 Chapeltown Road, Leeds, LS7 3EX
- About the Children's Section
The Children's Section is comprised of the following services. Please click on the service link below for more information.
- The Children's Panel - Advice Service
- Work with Age Disputed Children and Children in Detention
- Work with Trafficked Children
- Youth Activities and Education
Refuge in Film
Over the first weekend in November a group of our clients took part in the Refuge in Film event at the BFI, Southbank. Refuge in Films is part of the Refugee Youth initiative work and is a unique annual participatory film festival that gives people the opportunity to discover what young refugees want to express about their lives.
The Refugee Council clients took part in a photography project and their work was displayed at the BFI during the film festival. Also during the weekend they took part in a range of exciting creative workshops such as film making and painting.